A few little somethings about life, kids, pretties and cake. Always cake!

Thursday 11 November 2010

The party season is upon us


It is really but I wouldn't know! Not ever going out after 7pm means very little 'partying' for me. I’ve not had a night out on the town since July. (ooo that makes me sad!) However I may be going to an actual party with dresses and shoes and stuff later this month so I thought it a good opportunity to show off some of my wares as well as other peoples. 

I have trawled the internet for dresses and can tell you it’s a very poor show for someone that wants to look classy, slim and not part of the crowd when your 5ft 3 and a size 16! I am sure I will come up with something but I think accessories will be the way to make it.

So here’s some of mine and other peoples best of the season. Enjoy.

 Part of my Black & Hepburn range: Zebras Button Brooch/ Haor clip

In my personal favorites list Gorgeous Ivory Rose Cabochon Hair Comb & Bobby Pins Set... by Josephines

For any outside shenanigans these are lovely and look toasty warm! Frilly Fingerless Flamenco Gloves in Purple by A Knit 4 All Seasons

I would look lovely in this!! ;)  50's Style Part Dress by Suzanne Porter Boutique

This would look lovely with it too, one of mine Layers of Lovely Black & Gold Brooch/ Hair Clip

 Oooo and don't forget the legs! Printed Tights Art Nouveau Charcoal Grey and Silver

 

So in view of a lack of funds and generally needing something that is a timeless classic to justify the expediture i think i MAY buy this one from Good old Dotty P's!

Black Velvet Bell Sleeve Dress from Dorothy Perkins

Then i can add some lovelyness based around 

Girls Best Friend Black & Crystal Brooch/ Hair Clip by Me! 
 
 
Now i just have to sort the shoes...............................



1 comment:

  1. Hey

    Thank you so much for including me in your blog - the 50's Style Party Dress seems to be everyones fav! I must agree with the statement you made "I have trawled the internet for dresses and can tell you it’s a very poor show for someone that wants to look classy, slim and not part of the crowd" I hardly ever shop hightstreet anymore as most of the clothing is cheap & tarty looking!
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete