A few little somethings about life, kids, pretties and cake. Always cake!

Saturday 30 October 2010

Cake!

Right! Its halloween tomorrow which i don't really do much for, the odd party here and there in the past but otherwise not nuch of an event in my world. I have however been baking some lovely halloween cupcakes!

 

All green and orange tiedye in cake with white buttercream and black for faces



And inside.......

They're quite easy to do actually, just split the cake mix once finished and colour each seperatly then do a blob of one colour then a bob of the other till the cases are full enough and bake. Nomnomnomnom!

 

I also made these for my Folksy store, they sold lajst week and were quite popular it seems so next year i will do more. 


It has made me think about baking some more. I have been quite cakey this year heres some of my creations.
This is Jims 2nd Birthday Cake which was actually a last minute reoplacement afterter the Tiedyed 3D teddy fell apart!!




This is Chloe's 2nd Birthday Cake 'Teddy bears picnic' theme suggested by Daddy



This was Little Chloe's 2nd Birthday Cake, Fairy princess castle, just because her mum said i could make what i wanted!! Heehee



 This was my sister Jennies 30 something Birthday cake, red spotty outside and IN!!



Getting the spots whole and where i want them is still a point for practice!!!

So i am working on my Christmas baking list, gingerbread, peanut oatie bars, panforte, Pear and hazlenut tart tatin, profritor rolls and cinnimon cookies. That should sort 6 adults a 6 year old and 2 babies right???? 

I MIGHT make cupcakes too but only if i can afford some of these



They are supper cool! http://www.folksy.com/shops/bespokecards

Happy baking!!

2 comments:

  1. hello lovely katy! scrummy looking cakes - my 14 wants to make them now ;) happy creating! xx

    ReplyDelete